Possible Croatian Chicago excursion

Want to talk about Croatia, PETA or anything not completely Goran related? Here's the place. Be forewarned, some talk may become political, please respect the views of others as you would ask them to respect yours.

Moderators: Zone3120, AzizalSaqr, Trainerjen, Nina, jenwhaley, MarcySue

Possible Croatian Chicago excursion

Postby AzizalSaqr » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:46 pm

I've stumbled onto something that might prove to be a nice little get together for those Bleu Profond members in the states, we could share a room for three days, listen to wonderful music, and eye all the pretty Croatian guys...

July 3-4-5 43rd Annual CFU Jr. Cultural Federation Tamburitza Festival Hyatt Regency, Chicago, IL

I'll post more details as they appear, but, here's the link where I found it: http://www.croatianfraternalunion.org/
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Re: Possible Croatian Chicago excursion

Postby Trainerjen » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:22 am

I could make that work! I'm a whole whopping hour and a half from Chicago! I'd LOVE to meet up with some of you guys! (gals *snerk*) Add IN the fact that I don't work in the summer...this could be a very good thing. :D
"He Seems Depressed...." "He's European, that's his baseline."

"The X chromosome carries three times as much genetic information as the Y. Do you think that's why men are simpler?"~Abby Lockhart
Trainerjen

Postby AzizalSaqr » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:00 am

Jen, since you're closer then I am, can you see what the hotel rates would be and if they have info on the event or contact? Also, when we would need to make a reservation by? I'm guessing someone would have to hold the room with a card then we pay on arrival, most places work like that, but the card is never chargeds. This could be very fun, good food too...

JD... 8)
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby AzizalSaqr » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:58 pm

I just found out that the July event is a Jr festival...I think we should try for the October one instead, plus, hotel rates will be lower.

October 1-4: Tamburitza Association of America (TAA) Extravaganza Chicago, IL

Here's the site for the event: http://www.tamburitza.org/ChicagoGanza09/

2009 Tamburitza Extravaganza
The Tamburica Association of America is proud to present the TAMBURITZA EXTRAVAGANZA 2009 held in the one and only Windy, but not so corrupt city of CHICAGO.

Get your hearing aids out ladies and gentlemen as this is one Ganza you will not want to miss. With over 25 bands from the Americas Ganza Chicago is sure to guarantee sleepless nights and memory loss (from althshajmrs or bindg drinking).

Lodging
Tamburitza Association of America
September 30 - October 5, 2009 • Event Venue: The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center

Group rate available until September 09, 2009. Subject to availability.
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
70 Yorktown Center
Lombard, IL 60148
United States
Phone: (630) 719-8000
Fax: (630) 719-8079
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby Trainerjen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:56 pm

Sorry I didn't respond JD...had a BUNCH of stuff going on. ;)

I can still check on rates if you'd like. Only problem would be that mid-October is a BAD time for me (football season), so I wouldn't be able to get there. But I'd still be happy to check on rates for you guys. :D Let me know if you'd like me to! You can always call me while you're there. :mrgreen:

"The X chromosome carries three times as much genetic information as the Y. Do you think that's why men are simpler?"~Abby Lockhart
Trainerjen

Postby AzizalSaqr » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:05 pm

Well...bah...we need you there...can't you miss one football game? It's actually early October though, so maybe before your football?

We'll have to find a cheap hotel close by, the Westin is awful for prices.

8)
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby Trainerjen » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:17 am

LOL, unfortunately, no, as it's just me for medical coverage during football. :D Our season runs late August through the end of October (and into November if we make the playoffs...which we have a shot at this year). As this is my job, I think my boss would frown on me telling him I'm missing a football game to go check out the Croatians. ;)

I'd love to be there, but that time of year is awful for me. :( Sorry!Maybe another time. Maybe they'll start doing ER conventions in Chicago or something. :lol:

I'll tell you though to check out hotels in the O'Hare/Oak Park area. They are usually MUCH cheaper, and the EL runs constantly from the airport to downtown (it's a pretty quick trip, about a half hour). :D

Trainerjen

Return to Goran Related