Goran in "K-11"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Goran news, including public appearances and magazine article alerts.

Moderators: Zone3120, AzizalSaqr, Trainerjen, Nina, jenwhaley, MarcySue

Goran in "K-11"

Postby Zone3120 » Sun May 29, 2011 3:29 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1329177/

On IMDb he's listed for this movie now. I think it must be the drama he's scheduled to shoot during the summer. His role sounds unusual but interesting. Wow! 8)

Cast
Credited cast:

Goran Visnjic ... Raymond Saxx Jr. (rumored)
D.B. Sweeney ... Sgt. Johnson (rumored)
Kate del Castillo ... Mousey (rumored)
Roger R. Cross ... Detroit (rumored)
Luis Moncada ... ShyBoy (rumored)
Matthew Nable ... Villalobos (rumored)

From: http://www.twifans.com/profiles/blogs/p ... start-july

Production on K-11 Start July 18th!
Posted by Danielle<3 on May 28, 2011 at 8:20am

Updated official K-11 production info:
LIBERTINE FILMS
PRODUCER: Michele Berk - Tom Wright Jr.
PRODUCER/DIRECTOR: Jules Mann-Stewart
WRITER: Jared Kurt - Jules Mann-Stewart
LOTUS PICTURES
INTANDEM FILMS
Dissolute record producer Ray Saxx finds himself thrown in jail on charges of murdering one of his top artists, an act he doesn't remember due to his characteristic drug haze. In prison, Ray is kept out of the general population and put in the K-11 unit, a pit of chronic sexual and drug abuse run by the depraved Sergeant Johnson, whose reign of terror comes to an end thanks to Ray's resourcefulness-- which might just lead to Ray's own redemption. (Kristen Stewart mentioned for the role of Birdy/Butterfly.)
"I love what I'm doing. But if I'd become a bus driver like my father, I'd be exactly the same as I am now, but with a little worse English." - Goran Višnjić
Zone3120

Re: Goran in "K-11"

Postby Kim » Sun May 29, 2011 6:44 am

Wonderful! Great to see new projects coming his way!

Kim
Kim

Postby hanna » Sun May 29, 2011 10:24 am

This project sounds very intriguing and -if directed well- like a great role for Goran.
I just love to see one project coming after the other :D

In imdb‘s comments you can find a more detailed plot summary:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1329177/board/thread/126810091?d=126845240&p=1#126845240

"3 people.
Daniel, Ray & Tia.
I believe that Tia is married to Ray, but is getting a bit on the side from Daniel, a hot superstar (pop singer?)
Ray's the producer/best friend.
HEAPS of drugs involved.

Ray snorts/takes/whatever some drugs, and passes out after a fight with Daniel at Daniel's home.
He wakes up, and finds himself in jail, and then is taken to K-11, a section in the jail run by Johnson (the gay, pressuring guard/super intendent) and Miss Nava, a nice, and sweet woman whom is appreciated by the inmates in K-11.

Ray believes that he's in jail for drugs, and isn't told of the real reason why he's in jail.

He meets Butterfly (a sweet, schizophrenic 19 yr old boy whom believes he's a girl...I'm a bit confused with how Butterfly's going to portrayed, but I do know that Kristen Stewart is playing Butterfly.), Mousie/Mousey [scriptwriters keep changing the spelling through the script] (the 'woman' of K-11. Ruler. Dictator. Manipulative Bitch :D I'm pretty sure that's Nikki Reed's character), David (Mousie's husband (?) & Crystal (David's *beep*-buddy when Mousie's not around.)

There's also Granny, Jackhammer, Detroit and various other characters that make up K-11.
Basically it's told through Ray's eyes on how he got into jail and how he's coping.
He goes through withdrawls, which Butterfly helps him with. Then in return, he helps her/him cope when Detroit (a child molestor & rapist) decides that Butterfly is 'his'.

Ray struggles to comprehend WHY he's actually in K-11, and his answers are finally given to him when he sees a newscast on TV in one of the jail rec rooms.

Bascially:
this movie is full of sex, drugs, bloody, sweat & tears.
Jules Stewart writes a bloody good script :P"
hanna

Postby AzizalSaqr » Sun May 29, 2011 10:26 am

This very well could be the one that I was told about that begins filming in July. Bad news though ladies, I've been told he's been asked to re-dye his hair for the part.

:cry:
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby AzizalSaqr » Sun May 29, 2011 10:59 am

You will find a 32 page draft of the script posted at the link above, I doubt it is the final draft, but, give it a read if you want to be spoiled.

8)
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby hanna » Sun May 29, 2011 11:04 am

Aww, don‘t cry JD :D He‘ll be back to the grey for the second part of "Millenium" at the latest.
I have to admit, for now I like him better with the dark hair and just some grey on the sides. Though I probably have to get used to it :lol:
hanna

Postby AzizalSaqr » Sun May 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Ack...

I'm reading the script, on page 18 he shaves his head....

:shock:

I don't know that I want him bald...

:?
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Eyre » Sun May 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Whilst I'm happy to see that roles are coming his way thick and fast, what I'm really struck by is the sheer range and diversity of them. I think that's great.
The Croatian Sensation pulls a Rabbi out of the hat!

Q: What do you call an Australian with a bottle of Champagne?

A: A waiter.
Mrs Eyre

Postby AzizalSaqr » Sun May 29, 2011 4:25 pm

If they handle this like the series "Oz" was done, this could be a decent film. I like though that Goran is not afraid to take risks with his role choices, it just goes to show how versatile an actor he is.

This is a gossip site so take it for what you will...I couldn't find a date on the article, it may be old since it mentions Kristen Stewart who is not on the imdb listing for the film.

From: http://perezhilton.com/2011-02-02-k-11- ... ison-movie

New Details On KStew's K-11 Movie - It's Raunchy & Terrifying!

We're not that easily shocked, but this sounds DARK! Twilighters, this is not the movie for you.

For a long time, Kristen Stewart's mother has been trying to get her movie, K-11, off the ground. The problem, we assume, is that though Hollywood lives for the scandolous, this movie may venture way too far off the beaten path for most studios to be comfortable with.

The film is about a specialized sector of the L.A. prison system called K-11, where gay and transgender criminals are sent in fear that they won't survive in normal lock-up. A source has gotten a first hand look at the script and has shared some of the more gruesome parts of the story.

As her mother is taking the helm on this, KStew is poised to take the lead as Birdy "19-year-old sweet, red-headed girl (naturally a boy)" who befriends a new member of the cell block and tries to take care of him. She's a very damaged character, to say the least, having been raped by a convicted child molester, who she later murders in retaliation.

But KStew isn't alone. There is a gaggle of characters just like her in this movie. All of them engage in sexual exploits, both consensual and not so much. All of them love them some drugs from cocaine to meth to pills, KStew's character's recreation of choice. All of them are violent, vulgar and indecent characters, with only one set goal - to overthrow the guard who's been abusing them and escape.

Sounds like something the whole family can enjoy, right?

Okay, maybe not, but it does sound like the kind of movie Kristen is probably eager to do to overthrow her Bella Swan alter-ego. Gritty, dirty, dark material - it's just what KStew is after!

The movie's supposedly going into production fairly soon, but how will audiences respond to it?

Think this might be something U'd want to see or no?
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Eyre » Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 am

It does sound a bit grim.
The Croatian Sensation pulls a Rabbi out of the hat!

Q: What do you call an Australian with a bottle of Champagne?

A: A waiter.
Mrs Eyre

Postby hanna » Mon May 30, 2011 10:20 am

It definitely sounds grim and after reading the script I hope that really is just a rough draft. There is hardly a story and the dialogue needs improvement :lol: to say the least.
But ... Gorans character is practically dressed in just boxers for most of the story :P and -bald or not- this would probably make up for a lot.
hanna

Postby Zone3120 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:03 pm

But ... Gorans character is practically dressed in just boxers for most of the story and -bald or not- this would probably make up for a lot.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. :lol: :oops:
"I love what I'm doing. But if I'd become a bus driver like my father, I'd be exactly the same as I am now, but with a little worse English." - Goran Višnjić
Zone3120

Postby SAN » Mon May 30, 2011 4:19 pm

"But ... Gorans character is practically dressed in just boxers for most of the story and -bald or not- this would probably make up for a lot."

Good thing I wasn't taking a drink of coffee when I read that, I hate when it comes out my nose!

I am VERY happy to see our GV getting all this diverse work - I don't care what colour his hair is, [not sure about him shaving his head bald though, blech] But to see him play all these different roles is wonderful, [wearing only boxers or not, LOL] and what I was hoping for when he left ER.

Remember when he didn't get any work for about 7 or 8 months a while back? He talked about it in an interview I read; it's probably here somewhere... I think he'll be working as much or as little as he wants from now on. as busy as he's been.

I think he'll be due for a romantic comedy or something else light after this K-11 gig though... would love to see him in a remake of Arsenic and Old Lace or something.
SAN

Postby Trainerjen » Mon May 30, 2011 8:27 pm

Wow...dark. Really, really, really dark. It started out promising, but it evolves into kind of a mess...just a jumbled redemption/revenge in the end. I don't know how I feel about this one. :( I suppose with a good director and a script revision, it could be good. But I'm afraid that might not happen. I also have trouble seeing DB Sweeney in the role of Johnson...just doesn't seem like a good fit. It will be interesting to see Goran in this, and I agree that the diversity in the roles he's taking lately is really great, but I just don't know. :lol: I'm all for twisted, but this seems over the top. I can see him in the role though. He's pretty much perfect for it. It's the rest of the script I have trouble with.
"He Seems Depressed...." "He's European, that's his baseline."

"The X chromosome carries three times as much genetic information as the Y. Do you think that's why men are simpler?"~Abby Lockhart
Trainerjen

Postby AzizalSaqr » Mon May 30, 2011 9:22 pm

I think it has to be a character driven film to succeed, just like "Oz" was as a series. If you had come to know it simply by the descriptions and not actually seen it, and never come to know the characters, someone could have said the exact same thing.
AzizalSaqr
Site Admin

Next

Return to News Room